By giving regularly to our church family you help nurture our congregation, support our church home, and teach our children and young people about Christ. You support people in our community through our mission and outreach programs.
Your donations and offertory support is critically important in order for the church to remain operational and continue ministry despite the suspension of Sunday Services.
However you choose to support the church, we are so grateful for your support.
Ways to Give
- Mail: As we are still checking our mailbox, you can send in or walk in your offering. For now, we would be grateful to receive gifts in cheque form (not cash) made out to “Morningside-High Park Presbyterian Church” to:Morningside-High Park Presbyterian Church
4 Morningside Ave, Toronto, ON
- Pre-Authorized Reimittance. This would be a perfect time to sign up or review your offerings. Gifts come directly from your bank account as you authorize (find out how to sign up below).
- Online Offerings Through Debit or Credit We are now able to process online credit and debit card transactions through a secure online portal at tithe.ly or Canada Helps .
Tax receipts are issued early each year for the previous calendar year. “Envelope numbers” (with giving envelopes if desired) can be requested at the church office to simplify recording gifts for repeat givers.
Canadian charitable registration number: 129853297RR0001
PAR, or Pre-Authorized Remittance, is a direct debit program that allows people to support their church through an automatic monthly withdrawal from their bank account.
The offering is automatically deducted from a donor’s account on the 20th of the month (or closest business day following). So, someone who wants to give decides what they want to give each year and divides that amount by twelve. Or, they decide what they want to give weekly and multiply that by 4.33, as there are 4.33 weeks in a month. There is no minimum or maximum amount which can be given.
Advantages of Using PAR
- Contributions can be regularly made even if the donor is away on business or vacation.
- Givers do not have to write a cheque or carry cash each week when they come to church.
- The church will receive contributions consistently, helping pay the bills even in months when many are away.
- It saves time and work for those who count and register the offerings each Sunday.
- Never again will donors have the frustration of getting halfway to church and then remembering that they forgot their offering!
To set up PAR, please download the PAR Authorization Form, fill it out, and return to the church office in a sealed envelope with a void cheque (if applicable). Alternatively, you may email a copy of the form to email@example.com. When you contact the church office, you may decide where your givings may go (can be separated into percentages across a number of categories), whether for the church, for Presbyterian Sharing, Evangel Hall, PWS&D or for another purpose.
To make changes to your PAR, please contact the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 416-766-4765.