By giving regularly to our church family you help nurture our congregation, support our church home, and teach our children and young people about Christ. You support people in our community through our mission and outreach programs.

You can financially support the ministry of Morningside-High Park, the Presbyterian Church in Canada, and Presbyterian World Service and Development by:

  • cash
  • cheque made out to “Morningside-High Park Presbyterian Church”
  • monthly bank transfers through our Pre-Authorized Remittance (PAR) program
  • online donation through CanadaHelps

Tax receipts are issued early each year for the previous calendar year.  “Envelope numbers” (with giving envelopes if desired) can be requested at the church office to simplify recording gifts for repeat givers.

Canadian charitable registration number: 129853297RR0001

Pre-Authorized Remittance


PAR, or Pre-Authorized Remittance, is a direct debit program that allows people to support their church through an automatic monthly withdrawal from their bank account.

The offering is automatically deducted from a donor’s account on the 20th of the month (or closest business day following). So, someone who wants to give decides what they want to give each year and divides that amount by twelve. Or, they decide what they want to give weekly and multiply that by 4.33, as there are 4.33 weeks in a month. There is no minimum or maximum amount which can be given.

Advantages of Using PAR

  • Contributions can be regularly made even if the donor is away on business or vacation.
  • Givers do not have to write a cheque or carry cash each week when they come to church.
  • The church will receive contributions consistently, helping pay the bills even in months when many are away.
  • It saves time and work for those who count and register the offerings each Sunday.
  • Never again will donors have the frustration of getting halfway to church and then remembering that they forgot their offering!

To set up PAR, please download the PAR Authorization Form, fill it out, and return to the church office in a sealed envelope with a void cheque (if applicable). When you contact the church office, you may decide where your givings may go (can be separated into percentages across a number of categories), whether for the church, for Presbyterian Sharing, Evangel Hall, PWS&D or for another purpose.

To make changes to your PAR, please contact the church office.

For further information concerning the PAR plan, please contact Jim Mavor