Thank you to all who came out to the Holy Week worship services and helped in leading them. This past week-end was most meaningful and joyous.
This week, we will be looking at John 20:19-31. It is a well known passage in which Thomas gets his famous descriptor, “Doubting”. I must confess, I never used to like this passage until I had an epiphany. I look forward to sharing it with you this Sunday although many of you may have had this epiphany already.
Peace in Christ,
DATES to REMEMBER
APRIL 17th & 24th – Belonging Matters from 12 to 1:30 p.m. with Rev. Janet
Apr. 24th – Solar Celebration after Worship
- Starting in April, Session Meetings will begin at 7 p.m.
- Blair’s term as clerk of session ends this June.
- A Solar Celebration will take place after worship on Sunday, April 24th. Belonging Matters will be delayed by 20 minutes.
- Financial Updates will be printed in the bulletin the 1st and 3rd Sunday of every month.
|ALL MONIES||ALL MONIES||DEFICIT|
|Jan to Mar ‘16||49,837.98||59,597.07||-9,759.09|
- New Drop-In Hours for Rev. Janet! Rev. Janet will be in her study on Wednesday mornings (except for the Wednesdays when session meets) from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. for those who would like to drop by. Outside this time frame, please call or email Janet if you would like a visit. She will continue to work from home on Fridays and some Thursdays.
Christian Education Team Update
As people of faith who follow Jesus Christ, worshiping together as a community is essential to shaping our identity. In light of this, the C.E. Team and Rev. Janet will be working together to include our children in worship in meaningful ways on a more consistent basis.
On April 3rd and May 15th (Pentecost), children in grades 5 and up will worship with their families for the entire service. On June 12th, children in grades 2 and up will stay for all of worship. The services on these Sundays will be a little different in order to accommodate the needs of our children and our desire to help worship be more accessible to them.
If you would like your child to participate by reading scripture, helping to collect offering or greeting in the morning, please email Rev. Janet.
Do you have a green thumb? Would you like to learn how to have a green thumb? It is officially spring and the gardening season is upon us.
In the past 3 years, the community gardens at MHP have produced and donated over 600 lbs of food, educated local Montessori students, reached out to our community, traded saved seeds with other community groups and sent some of our saved seeds to Africa. This year, we will be adding fruit trees thanks to a generous grant from Treemobile.org and Orchard People.
Our gardens need people to help till, plant, weed, water and care for them in addition to teaching children, providing beverages and snacks to helpers, conversation and more. Please contact Gina if you are able to help.
APRIL 17 & 24 – Belonging Matters
What does it mean to belong to a community of faith? What is church membership? If you are interested in exploring these questions from about 12 noon to 1:30 p.m. on Sunday the 17th and 24th, please RSVP with Rev. Janet by Sunday, April 10th at email@example.com.